Sunday, January 30, 2011

Binge Baking

Well, I promised to post on how the pop tarts turned out, so posting I am.  Being that I am not the most decisive creature on the planet I opted to bake both cookies AND pop tarts today.  I also baked little beefy cheesy croissant bites that I am clearly not excited about enough to create a proper name for, but I'll still mention them I suppose.

Anyway, the pop tarts came out better than I had anticipated.  I baked Gruyère into the crust and I am pretty sure I can never bake without it ever again.  Half of the batch boasted Nutella and the other half was filled with cinnamon pear preserves I had whipped up earlier in the day.  I know right now you're doubting how either of those two things could meld with such a flavorful cheese and still be appetizing, but trust me.  Even the picky roommate ate two.

By the time I got around to baking the cookies, I was feeling so jazzed that I decided to branch out.  No more vanilla pudding.  I scrapped it for butterscotch.  I also used bite size toffee bits along with my typical chocolate chunks.  I was pleasantly surprised and my roommates will have happy tummies for a fair few days - success :)






2 comments: